As media coverage and confirmed cases of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) continue to rise, we wanted to share some of what we do here at TBH to follow recommended guidelines for maintaining a healthy environment for our teams and families. It is also a reminder of what health measures we should all take to prevent the spread of illnesses.
Trumpet remains committed to providing safe settings for our team members and our clients. Given common health risks we routinely face (viruses, the flu etc.) TBH already has several policies and guidelines in place to help prevent the spread of illness. These steps are also very aligned with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local health authorities on best practices to help diminish the spread of the Coronavirus.
What does Trumpet do?
- Our centers our regularly cleaned by professional cleaning services
- Provides tissues and hand sanitizers throughout the workplace
- Follows sanitation guidelines including providing appropriate supplies (soap, disinfectant wipes etc.) for recommended hand and materials hygiene practices
- Have facility maintenance guidelines which include confirmation of cleaning protocols that are tracked daily and reviewed regularly by local and executive leadership
- Follows existing policies regarding sick clients or sick team members and enforces requirements to not return to services until being symptom free
- Requires any team member who has symptoms, a diagnosis or is being treated for a contagious disease that may pose a threat to the safety of our team members, clients or client families to inform Trumpet HR as soon as possible
- Requires clients to inform their Clinicians and keep their family member out of a services if they are presenting symptoms, a diagnosis or are being treated for a contagious disease that may pose a threat to the safety of our team members, clients or client families
- Trumpet will also follow federal and state guidelines regarding maintaining a safe workplace as they continue to evolve
What can you do?
Use the following precautions to reduce the potential spread of disease:
- Encourage family members to clean hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Cover hands and nose with a tissue or a sleeve – not hands – when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid contact with sick individuals and practice proper hygiene at all times
- When a family member is showing symptoms of illness, keep them home and care for them and yourself, and notify TBH of any important updates concerning your family’s condition
- More information on the virus and steps we can call take to prevent its spread can be found by visiting the CDC website. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
- We all play a role in working to keep each other healthy. The proactive steps we all take are needed to help fight the spread of illness and the Coronavirus.
- We will continue to monitor the current situation and other health related news and update you and our team members as needed on further precautionary steps as directed by state and regional public health organizations and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Should you have questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Your TBH Team