Behavioral-Autism Support Services for Healthcare Professionals
We Collaborate with Healthcare Professionals
Trumpet Behavioral Health is building the standard for care in autism, and we are seeking dedicated healthcare professionals and agencies to help us. In return, we enable professional agencies to use our streamlined operation of training and service so they can focus their attention on what they do best: providing their patients with expert behavioral healthcare services.
As the number of autism diagnoses continues to climb, the demand on busy healthcare professionals is also increasing. And the demand by parents and schools grows for high quality autism treatment and behavioral services based on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Sadly, autism treatments can vary, meaning people with autism—as well as their parents, guardians and educators—may be receiving services that are fragmented. Now more than ever, healthcare professionals play an important role in working with patients diagnosed with autism to help coordinate care.
That’s why Trumpet Behavioral Health is seeking to collaborate and help coordinate care with physicians who care for patients with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs). We are a resource busy healthcare providers can turn to for behavioral services, and other special services, including speech and occupational therapy. We are also available for training and support for professional staff.
Autism Support for Healthcare Professionals
There are many other elements that need to be in place to make sure that the individual education plan is implemented effectively and is working for a child or adolescent on the autism spectrum. Trumpet Behavioral Health has compiled a list of recommendations that are most crucial in successful autism treatment plans. This checklist can help healthcare professionals function at the highest level in providing care for those on the autism spectrum.
Five things that healthcare professionals should consider to ensure an optimal behavior & education plan for autism:
- The interventions must be based on assessments that explain why the child with autism uses certain problem behaviors (i.e., to obtain a tangible item or activity, to gain attention, to avoid or escape a situation, or because the behavior itself is reinforcing)
- Autism interventions should teach and reinforce appropriate social and communicative behaviors
- Intervention strategies should be consistent, reviewed frequently, and based on reliable and accurate data
- Environmental factors may impact children with autism and affect their behavior, just as they may impact anyone’s behavior. These factors may include divorce, a change in routine, military deployment, change in staff, natural disasters, etc.
- Frequent communication and collaboration is crucial between healthcare professionals, parents, caregivers, behavior specialists and educators. A communication log that shares data collected between all those involved in the program is vital for success.
Tools for Healthcare Professionals
Trumpet Behavioral Health provides professional development, evidence-based activities and an online case management platform founded on principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for autism treatment.
Our behavior management software supports an individual educational plan (IEP) development framework and provides a platform for team collaboration and easy documentation of IEP development.
Technology-based solutions from TBH help behavioral service clinics cost-effectively train new staff members while maintaining certification of existing staff. Trumpet’s award-winning staff development programs are designed for the adult learner using an online library of over 5,000 activities and strategies representing eight development domains broken into 28 curriculum areas.
Healthcare professionals can utilize this online platform for team collaboration and documentation to enable all members of a child’s intervention team to track status and progress, and strategize about best next steps.
Further, our online solutions help healthcare settings cost-effectively train staff in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)-based treatment programs.
Our services include:
- Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs)
- Program Design, Development and Implementation
- Individualized Positive Behavioral Support Plans (PBSPs)
- Individual Educational Plan (IEP) Development
- Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Team Building and Collaboration
- Professional Workshops
- School-based Behavioral Health Services
- Early Intervention Services
- Adult Developmental Services
- Assisted Living Behavioral Support Services
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Parent Education and Family Services
About Trumpet Behavioral Health
At Trumpet Behavioral Health, we specialize in helping parents and educators learn to help children and adolescents on the autism spectrum. Working with Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and Board Certified Assistant Behavioral Analysts (BCaBAs), we provide parents and teachers with recommendations based on best practices within the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), as specified and empirically validated in the scientific literature.
These behavior analysts are trained in delivering measurable positive outcomes. Ultimately, our network of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) experts gives patients the support, hope and guidance that they seek.